Tuesday, March 25, 2014

My name is Tina Soleimani and I am the founder of a Youth Awareness Campaign tha…

My name is Tina Soleimani and I am the founder of a Youth Awareness Campaign that branches off of the MS Society of Canada called "Just Breathe." The reason is because every year, I met more and more people who were diagnosed or who had a loved one who was diagnosed. When someone – you or someone you know – is diagnosed with MS, it hits you like a train going 1 000 000 m/h, except you wouldn't even see it coming… you wouldn't even know that this train existed in the first place. I know because my MOTHER was diagnosed when I was very young. It didn't just affect her… It affected all of us (family, friends, and those who knew her) and it changed our lives forever.

A large number of people don't know what Multiple Sclerosis is and the worst part is that it is affecting more people every year. I'm here to spread awareness about MS to not only those who have been affected by it previously/recently, but those who do not even know what it is. We, as humans, focus largely on what affects us but why should we limit it to what hits home? Let's help one another by supporting one and showing each other that "no, you are NOT alone." Let's extend our knowledge beyond what we know and just apply our nature – HUMANITY – to our lives again.

I don't want to limit myself to just traveling to schools/universities/events in my city, province, country, or continent. I want to get this message out to the WORLD while I traveled and for this Slam Poetry message to become known WORLDWIDE.

Hold my hands and walk through this unbelievable and breathtaking journey with me. Let's pause for a moment and just look around and see the priceless things that this beautiful world offers us, and help each other smile so that it can outshine our pain. Let's Just Breathe together. Let's end MS… together.


Multiple Sclerosis
My name is Tina Soleimani and I am the founder of a Youth Awareness Campaign that branches off of the MS Society of Canada called "Just Breathe." The reason …


No comments:

Post a Comment